Al-Futtaim Honda names sales GM
Dubai, May 16, 2011
Al-Futtaim Honda, exclusive distributors of Honda products in the UAE, has appointed Abhijeet Pandit as general manager, sales & marketing.
Pandit has over 22 years of sales, marketing and manufacturing experience in major automotive companies in the UAE, Oman and India, a statement said.
Prior to joining Al-Futtaim he was vice president operations for Hover Automotive India, a company appointed by Nissan Motors to manage operations in India.
“I am delighted to announce the appointment of Abhijeet to the Al-Futtaim Honda team,” said Mark Kass, managing director, Al-Futtaim – Honda.
“This key position highlights our ongoing commitment to strengthen the Honda brand and enhance customer experience at every touch point. Abhijeet’s experience in the automotive sector will be an asset to Al-Futtaim Honda and will enable us achieve challenging targets and objectives we have set for the brand in the UAE.”
Pandit said: “I look forward to taking up this assignment at Al-Futtaim Honda. The company has a great team, excellent products and an extremely popular brand. I am excited to be part of the Al-Futtaim Group and the Honda brand in the UAE as we look to lead this business to reach its full potential.”
Pandit holds a degree in mechanical engineering and a masters in business administration. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models