Al-Futtaim Honda names sales GM
Dubai, May 16, 2011
Al-Futtaim Honda, exclusive distributors of Honda products in the UAE, has appointed Abhijeet Pandit as general manager, sales & marketing.
Pandit has over 22 years of sales, marketing and manufacturing experience in major automotive companies in the UAE, Oman and India, a statement said.
Prior to joining Al-Futtaim he was vice president operations for Hover Automotive India, a company appointed by Nissan Motors to manage operations in India.
“I am delighted to announce the appointment of Abhijeet to the Al-Futtaim Honda team,” said Mark Kass, managing director, Al-Futtaim – Honda.
“This key position highlights our ongoing commitment to strengthen the Honda brand and enhance customer experience at every touch point. Abhijeet’s experience in the automotive sector will be an asset to Al-Futtaim Honda and will enable us achieve challenging targets and objectives we have set for the brand in the UAE.”
Pandit said: “I look forward to taking up this assignment at Al-Futtaim Honda. The company has a great team, excellent products and an extremely popular brand. I am excited to be part of the Al-Futtaim Group and the Honda brand in the UAE as we look to lead this business to reach its full potential.”
Pandit holds a degree in mechanical engineering and a masters in business administration. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai Elantra sales jump 90pc in UAE
- Jeddah gears up for Saudi motor show
- ALJ plans big car assembly plant in Saudi
- Infiniti launches new models in Lebanon
- UAE Dial-A-Battery services in big demand
- Honda recalls Acura sedans over loose bolts
- Lincoln MKZ makes Bahrain debut
- Monster trucks drive motor show success
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain