Samaco launches all-new Jetta in Saudi
Jeddah, May 22, 2011
Samaco, the exclusive dealer of Volkswagen in Saudi Arabia, has launched the all-new, redesigned and restyled Jetta, following the car's success around the world.
The all-new Jetta is an ideal choice for everyone who desires a German designed, impressively styled saloon that is comfortable, safe and yet affordable, said Samaco.
Volkswagen not only redesigned the specifications and appearance of the new Jetta, but also reworked the price starting from SR69,900, making Volkswagen automotive excellence more accessible to people in the Middle East, the company said.
The car has already sold over 9.6 million units worldwide.
The new Jetta is 4.64 meters long and delivers a superior class of compact sedan that combines a modern dynamic design, encompassing clear precise lines and athletically muscular surfaces, which gives the saloon an image of timeless elegance and styling, and extends the offering of Volkswagen models available in the region, said Philip Burrluck, Volkswagen brand manager, Samaco.
"It's in a class of its own and combines German engineering and performance, safety and comfort in a whole new look. We have taken best in class technology and innovation to a different level in order to produce our best Jetta ever. With the all-new Jetta, we are offering a car in the Middle East that will add a new dimension of quality to the saloons of the compact class. Volkswagen has a clear growth strategy in the Middle East for the sedan category, and the new Jetta is the first of the new models to be launched in the region,” he said
The new Jetta sports a 2.0 litre petrol engine, producing 85kW/115 bhp, in addition to a 6-speed automatic transmission gearbox. Larger and more comfortable, sustainable and dynamic, the designers and engineers have also crafted the interiors of the five seater down to the last detail.
“The extended wheel base of the all-new Jetta has enabled a rear seating layout that is significantly more comfortable, especially for families. Compared to the previous model, leg room has now increased by 6.7cm to 96.7cm,” explained Burrluck.
The new Jetta is available in three configurations; Trendline, Comfortline and Comfortline Plus+. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week