All new Volvo S60 launched in Jordan
Amman, May 23, 2011
Mahmoudia Motors, the exclusive dealer of Volvo cars in Jordan, has launched the all new four-cylinder Volvo S60 in the kingdom.
The new S60, priced at JD39,999 ($56,400), is designed in accordance with Volvo’s pioneering and cutting edge City Safety Feature that can help the driver avoid or reduce the effects of the type of low-speed impacts that are common in city traffic, a statement said.
“As part of Volvo’s bid to get more energy out of smaller engines, the stunning all-new Volvo S60 offers customers a safe and luxurious car with a small yet high-performance engine. The seriously stylish and slightly cheeky S60 is making waves across the automotive industry,” said Ra’ed Shaban, acting general manager of Volvo.
The new S60 is now available with a four-cylinder 1.6 litre direct injection turbo petrol engine producing 180 horsepower and 240 Nm of torque coupled with a six speed geartronic automatic transmission.
The all-new S60 is also packed with the latest high-tech solutions that actively help the driver avoid accidents, the statement said.
The Pedestrian Detection with full auto brake is a world first, it added.
The radar- and camera-based system can detect pedestrians in front of the car, warn if anyone walks out into its path – and then automatically activate the car’s full braking power if the driver fails to respond in time, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show