GM plans 100th anniversary of Chevrolet
Dubai, June 7, 2011
General Motors Middle East is gearing up for a five-month period of celebratory activities to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Chevrolet.
“This year’s centennial is a great chance to reflect on the passion and emotion that has made Chevrolet what it is today,” said John Stadwick, president and managing director of GM Middle East.
“It’s also an important opportunity to look ahead as we build on the promise of the Chevrolet brand to make it as relevant tomorrow as it has been for the past 100 years.”
“Chevrolet was built on the cornerstones of value, reliability, performance and expressive design. For millions of Chevrolet customers in the Middle East and around the world, it continues to represent these same qualities today,” he added.
GM Middle East will celebrate the centennial with a number of activities. This will include special premieres of the movie Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon, which features several Chevrolet vehicles, including the Camaro Bumblebee.
It will also display unique photographs, videos and fun Chevrolet activities on the Chevrolet Arabia Facebook page (facebook.com/chevroletarabia).
GM Middle East is also planning various events across the Middle East to celebrate Chevrolet’s milestone anniversary.
“We’ll be able to tell you more about the planned Centennial activities the closer we get to the actual centennial date of November 3. We’re looking forward to celebrating this special milestone with everyone in the Middle East,” added Stadwick.
On November 3, 1911, Swiss immigrant Louis Chevrolet and US entrepreneur Billy Durant founded the Chevrolet Motor Car Company.
Chevrolet is now one of the world’s best-known and most popular automotive brands with more than 200 million Chevrolet vehicles sold over the past 100 years, a statement said.
In 2010 alone, more than 4.2 million Chevrolets were sold in over 130 countries – or about one Chevrolet every seven-and-a-half seconds, it added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners