Unique Lexus LS 600h L for royal wedding
Monaco, July 17, 2011
A unique Lexus full hybrid LS 600h L Landaulet featuring a one-piece, transparent polycarbonate roof served as the official royal wedding car on the occasion of the marriage of Prince Albert II of Monaco.
The exclusively designed Lexus was manufactured for the special occasion and is unique because of its Landaulet style, which is a car body style with a convertible top for the back seat and with the front seat either roofed or open.
The LS 600h L is equipped with Lexus Hybrid Drive, which offers all the performance and comfort expected from a Lexus flagship, and generates significantly lower CO2, NOx and particulate emissions than any comparable car, said a statement.
This unique Lexus was created during a state-of-the-art conversion process that took over 2,000 hours to complete, it said.
It was carried out under the close supervision of the Lexus engineers, who ensured that the finished vehicle maintained the levels of quality and technological sophistication inherent in every Lexus, whilst preserving all the performance, safety and dynamic attributes of the original LS 600h L, said the statement.
“Its marque transparent roof is a single, lightweight polycarbonate shell, just 8 mm thick and weighing only 26 kg. Fixed to the body of the Lexus through two intermediary parts, it allows perfect visibility from both inside and outside the vehicle. After the design was completed, the extreme precision of production was carried out by robotic tools, which machined the final canopy in a completely automated process,” it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price