New engine available for Audi A8 L
Dubai, July 25, 2011
Audi is now adding a further engine to the Middle East portfolio of the Audi A8 L. The new 3.0 TFSI V6 engine provides 290 hp of power and 420 Nm of torque.
It accelerates from zero to 100 km/h in 6.2 seconds and reaches a top speed of 250 km/h. Audi’s entry-level A8 L starts from $83,851 in the GCC, the company said.
The long-wheel base vehicle consumes only 9.3 litres per 100 km in the EU driving cycle. That corresponds to a CO2 emission rate of 217 grams per km, it said.
All engines of the A8 range have increased power and torque, while their fuel consumption has dropped by 13 to 22 per cent, due to intelligent and efficient technologies like the recuperation system and innovative thermal management.
The 8-speed tiptronic transmission finely graduates its eight gears while achieving a large overall spread and further increases efficiency. The quattro permanent all-wheel drive adds a distinct sporty and rear-end character. Thanks to the Audi Space Frame (ASF), its body weighs about 40 per cent less than a comparable steel structure.
Like all of Audi’s models for the Middle East, the Audi A8 L 3.0 TFSI was specially developed and tested for the super hot climates of the region.
Audi’s flagship demonstrates the brand’s proverbial Vorsprung durch Technik also with its new engine variant, which features the latest generation MMI operating system with MMI touch, new driver assistance systems including night vision assistant and an elegant interior with a craftsman’s level of workmanship. The comfort on board is first class – from new, emotionally charged ambient lighting to the luxurious, power adjustable seats in the rear.
The top-of-the range Audi A8 L model, the A8 W12, is expected to arrive in the Middle East later this year. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer