Chrysler Lancia names CEO
Dubai, August 8, 2011
Chrysler Lancia, an automotive brand owned by Fiat, has appointed Saad Chehab as the chief executive officer for the brand as well as a member of a newly formed Group executive council (GEC).
Born in Beirut, Lebanon, Chehab graduated from the University of Detroit Mercy as an architect and has worked in the US automotive industry, with numerous notable achievements to his name, a statement said.
Chehab takes up his new position on September 1 and will split his time equally between Italy and the US.
The highest executive decision making body within Fiat outside of the board of directors, the GEC is responsible for reviewing the operating performance of the businesses, setting performance targets, making key strategic decisions and investments for the Group and sharing best practices, including the development and deployment of key human resources.
Fiat and Chrysler Group said that Chehab will be a key member of the team that will take the Chrysler/Lancia brands to the next levels of their development and are confident that he will earn a prominent place among the future leaders of the global automotive industry. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Gulf traffic expo kicks off in Dubai
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest