A-MAP, Al Wataniya in strategic tie-up
Dubai, August 14, 2011
Dubai-based A-MAP, a distributor of automotive spare parts, has signed an agreement with leading automobile workshop Al Wataniya towards fitting Solite batteries in the entire Thrifty and Dollar Rent-A-Car fleet in the UAE.
“Our workshop services approximately 30 thousand vehicles as part of the Thrifty and Dollar Rent-A-Car fleets, with our capacity increasing from under 200 cars per day in 2010 to now over 330 and growing,” said Nabil Al Yafie, manager of Al Wataniya Workshop (AWW), part of the Arenco group of companies.
“As part of AWW’s vision for future growth and prosperity, and in response to the high demand in the market, we were searching for the best possible suppliers in the region with modern technology, environmental awareness, high quality and superior service to supply our fleets with the best parts available,” he added.
Asad Badami, managing director of A-MAP, said: “We are confident in the brands that we trade, and this agreement with AWW to exclusively supply the Solite batteries to their entire fleet sheds further light on the excellent quality of the Solite product.”
“We are sure that this partnership will allow us to meet the needs of the growing fleet, and we hope to expand our relationship to include our range of brake pads and tyres in the future.”
“We saw this opportunity to partner with A-MAP as an upgrade from our existing supplier, not only in terms of quality of product but also A-MAP’s spectacular after-sales service which is a hidden gem in the region – we feel safe and protected in their hands,” Al Yafie added.
The superior quality Solite batteries feature an internal rust-free calcium metal, displaying excellent heat resistibility and strong immunity against drastic temperature changes making it extremely well suited to the region, a statement said.
The region’s car rental industry continues to pick up speed, with more than 50 per cent growth in the number of rental cars passing through servicing workshops, according to experts. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week