70pc of Abu Dhabi F1 tickets sold
Abu Dhabi, August 15, 2011
Seventy per cent of tickets for November’s Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix have been sold, said organisers.
Grandstand tickets for the Main, North and West Grandstands have all sold out, along with the Paddock Club, added Yas Marina Circuit, the event organisers.
“We are pleased with the way ticket sales are tracking and it is shaping up to be another great event,” said Richard Cregan, chief executive officer of Yas Marina Circuit.
"Preparations are in the final stages for our race here in Abu Dhabi. We are confident our customers will enjoy one of the most exciting sporting and entertainment experiences in the world.”
Aside from F1, there will be an array of entertainment for spectators: three support races; circuit TV broadcast to the big screens; fan zones full of family activities, street performers and DJ’s; plus, the concerts that extend each day’s fun into the evening.
“The excitement continues throughout the day and night," Cregan continued. "Rather than it being just a race, we pride ourselves in providing something more like a carnival weekend.”
“Whilst there are still 30 per cent of tickets left, the choice of ticket is becoming sparse. We would encourage anyone interested to tie up their booking now to avoid disappointment.”
Currently, standard tickets are available in the Marina and South Grandstands, with limited tickets in the South Club, he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain
- Bahrain motor show opens today
- Bahrain motor show to line-up top models
- GM shakes up auto industry, names first woman CEO
- Nissan Tiida named ‘Best Budget Hatchback’
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise