GM sees sales zoom 18 per cent
Chicago, September 2, 2011
General Motors has reported an 18 per cent jump in its US sales in August despite recent market turmoil, and expressed cautious optimism about the US economy.
'Our portfolio of trucks and vehicles like the Chevrolet Cruze, Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain, are helping us gain market share, which has increased in seven of the past eight months,' vice-president for US sales Don Johnson said.
Retail sales boosted deliveries to 218,479 vehicles last month.
GM said it is 'monitoring consumer sentiment and other economic indicators' but has not changed its forecast for 2011 sales in the 'low end' of about 13.5 million vehicles.
More Motoring Stories
- All-new E63 AMG launched in Kuwait
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- VW lists recommended retail prices in GCC
- Nissan to recall 841,000 vehicles
- Volkswagen’s new Golf GTI launched in ME
- Nissan ME posts 26pc sales growth in FY2012
- Oman 'must adopt smart road technologies'
- BMW launches the new Z4 in Mideast
- Mannai opens Chevrolet centre in Istanbul
- Aston Martin marks centenary in style