Bahrain Grand Prix advanced to April
Manama, September 3, 2011
The FIA World Motor Sports Council has approved shifting Bahrain's 2012 Grand Prix from its originally scheduled date in October to April.
Under the current schedule, the race will be held April 22.
CEO of the Bahrain International Circuit (BIC) Sheikh Salman bin Isa Al Khalifa welcomed the decision and confirmed that the country and the BIC will be prepared for the date shift.
Sheikh Salman also thanked the government and the Bahraini people for their efforts in getting the country's Grand Prix race back on the schedule.
The updated Grand Prix calendar swapped Bahrain's race with the Indian Grand Prix, which will now be held October 28. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Volkswagen’s new Golf GTI launched in ME
- Nissan ME posts 26pc sales growth in FY2012
- Oman 'must adopt smart road technologies'
- BMW launches the new Z4 in Mideast
- Mannai opens Chevrolet centre in Istanbul
- Aston Martin marks centenary in style
- Dubai Autodrome appoints new GM
- Najd Rent-a-Car buys 50 new luxury cars
- New Mercedes-Benz E-Class launched in Kuwait
- Dubai RTA services to go online in June