Land Rover rolls out new Evoque
London, September 8, 2011
Land Rover recently handed over the keys of its brand new 5-door Range Rover Evoque to brand ambassador Zara Phillips ahead of its official launch.
Zara, one of the UK's leading equestrian figures, has been a Land Rover brand ambassador since 2006. She also became the first person to take delivery of the new Range Rover Evoque.
The Range Rover Evoque officially enters UK showrooms this week but is already proving a hit with customers, said a statement from the company.
Land Rover has received over 20,000 pre-orders worldwide with 6,000 of these in the UK.
Special Evoque launch events will be taking place at Land Rover dealerships throughout the UK on Thursday with customers taking delivery of their vehicles from Friday onwards.
The new Range Rover Evoque in Stornoway Grey boasts of 6-speed automatic transmission, panoramic sunroof and key features including park assist, blind spot monitoring and a surround camera system.
Land Rover UK marketing director, Laura Schwab, showed Zara around her new car and said: 'Zara has been excited about the new Evoque ever since we revealed the first pictures over a year ago and indeed she was one of the very first people to order one.'
'We have a huge presence at Burghley this year, with over 60 Land Rover vehicles in action at the event. It therefore seemed fitting that our first Evoque handover took place here,' she added.
Zara was competing at the Burghley Horse Trials, which is being sponsored by Land Rover for the seventh year running. Over 60 Land Rovers were used by Competition officials, fence judges and medical teams.
On receiving the keys to the new Evoque, Zara said: 'I've grown up around Land Rovers and have been an ambassador for the brand for several years – I am really looking forward to getting behind the wheel of my new Evoque. It looks absolutely fantastic and I am delighted to be the first person in the UK to take delivery of one.'
She later drove away the 5-Door Stornoway Grey Evoque from the Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials, where she was competing this weekend.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm