Nissan Micra launched in Lebanon
Beirut, September 10, 2011
International superstar Nancy Ajram officially launched the all-new 2012 Nissan Micra in Lebanon, at a special press conference at the Rasamny-Younis Motor Company (Rymco) headquarters in Chiyah.
The fourth generation of the iconic city car, the new Micra will set new benchmarks in the market for the light car segment and is on course to lead in its class as a powerful, safe, and fuel efficient city car, said a Nissan statement.
Like its predecessor, the all-new Micra is expected to make a big impression as a refreshing new compact runabout. Reliable, stylish, accessible and maneuverable, it is bound to be enjoyed by a wide range of customers in various markets, it added.
Nancy joined forces with Nissan as the official ambassador for the Micra, her favourite city car, which brings style and safety to the small car segment, remarked Fayez Rasamny, chairman of Rymco, exclusive distributor of Nissan in Lebanon.
The star later wowed the audience with a special performance and also launched the Nissan Micra Facebook competition.
The competition asks contestants to be on the lookout for a specially branded Micra, which will be driving through the streets of Beirut this month. Daily hints will be posted on Facebook giving people clues as to where the Micra can be found.
'If people find the car, then they have to take its photo and upload it to the Rymco Facebook page. The lucky ones will be offered a special discount voucher on the purchase of the new Micra.'
Commenting on the importance of safety in the small car segment, Rasamny said, 'With the increasing popularity of small cars in Lebanon, it’s really important that we do not compromise on safety.'
'The new Micra is a step above the rest with ABS and 4 airbags as standard safety features,” he noted.
Boasting breakthrough packaging and small-car engineering, the five-door hatchback Nissan Micra will offer exceptional value for money, priced from just $13,900 including VAT and registration, complete safety, performance and convenience features, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award