Porsche launches new 911 Carrera
Dubai, September 13, 2011
Porsche has launched the new 911 Carrera, a redesigned generation of the sports car icon which still remains true to the 911 tradition.
The new car has a 100 mm longer wheelbase and reduced height combined with up to 20-inch wheels. It has wide-arched wings in the front, a 911 trademark and the exterior mirrors are accommodated on the upper edge of the door, the company said.
The aluminium-steel construction makes the body lightweight and reduces the weight by up to 45 kg. Fuel consumption and emissions are up to 16 per cent lower compared to preceding models.
The new electro-mechanical power steering offers not only Porsche’s precision and response but also helps to increase efficiency and reduces the general fuel consumption.
The Carrera with PDK needs only 4.6 seconds to sprint from a standing start to 100 km/h, the statement said.
The new model celebrates its world premiere at the '2011 IAA Frankfurt Motor Show' to be held from September 15 to 25.
Orders for both cars can be placed with prices starting at $91, 041 for the 911 Carrera and $107,796 for the 911 Carrera S (GCC). First deliveries can be expected in the first quarter of 2012, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm