GM posts 13pc jump in Mideast sales
Manama, October 12, 2011
September concluded a successful third quarter for General Motors in the Middle East with its dealers reporting a total sales of 9,853 vehicles in the month, up 13 per cent over last year.
The strong performance in September represents the 12th consecutive month of double-digit sales growth for GM Middle East - a record that stretches back to October 2010.
For the third quarter, GM Middle East reported total sales of 35,565 vehicles, up 21 per cent compared with the same quarter in 2010.
The sales growth was recorded throughout the region for the company's line-up of passenger cars, crossovers, sport utility vehicles and pickups across its three brands: Chevrolet, GMC and Cadillac.
Total sales of Chevrolet in the third quarter rose by 21 per cent year-over-year, while sales of GMC experienced a 28pc increase. Meanwhile, Cadillac's third quarter sales grew by 32 per cent .
Retail sales - purchases made by individual customers - rose by 43 per cent during the third quarter and represented a healthy 73 per cent of total sales.
'September capped an outstanding 12 months for GM Middle East,' said president and managing director of Middle East operations John Stadwick.
'To achieve 12 consecutive months of double-digit growth and to increase third quarter sales by 21 per cent is an incredible achievement. It is testament to the investment we, and our dealer partners, are making to ensure we introduce the very best vehicles to the region combined with an unrivalled customer experience.'
September sales figures contributed to year-to-date total sales growth of 22 per cent for the first nine months of 2011 compared with the same period in 2010.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm