Abu Dhabi F1 tickets ‘nearly sold out’
Abu Dhabi, October 12, 2011
With just under a month to go before the 2011 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix only 4,000 tickets remain on offer, said the organisers.
“When you think that around 4,000 people arrive by plane in the UAE every 30 minutes, these tickets are going to go fast,” said Peter Baumgartner, chief commercial officer at Etihad Airways - the event’s title sponsor.
“Whilst Etihad Airways is looking forward to welcoming thousands of travelers to the UAE for the Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, it would be disappointing to see residents miss out.”
Priced at Dh1,800 ($490) for two days and AED 2,000 for three days, Grandstand tickets are still available in South Grandstand and Marina Grandstand, a statement said.
Nick McElwee, marketing and communications director of Yas Marina Circuit, said, “The excitement at the circuit is mounting daily as we count down the days. The racing is always world class and the drivers will be racing hard to ensure they have drives for next season.”
“It is going to be another year of celebrations on and off the track, and with such a small quantity of tickets left, I can’t stress how important it is to secure yours today,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race