New Chevrolet Sonic makes UAE debut
Sharjah, November 1, 2011
Liberty Automobiles Company, a GM dealer based in Sharjah, has unveiled the all-new Chevrolet Sonic, a compact, sporty car which boasts of more power and exceptional fuel efficiency.
A smart entrant in the small car segment which is growing rapidly in the Middle East, Sonic comes in two versions: the five-door hatchback and the four-door sedan in a range of attractive colours.
John Stadwick, president and managing director, general motors ME and Duncan Peat, managing director of Liberty Automobiles Company unveiled the all-new Sonic in the presence of Sheikh Khalid Bin Abdul Aziz Al Qasimi, chairman of Liberty Investment Company.
Sheikh Khalid Bin Abdul Aziz Al Qasimi said: “As a long-standing dealer of General Motors, Liberty Automobiles is delighted to present to our customers the all-new Sonic that is set to be a ‘game changer’ in the small car segment."
"The Sonic clearly demonstrates Chevrolet’s innovative spirit in creating a compact, sporty and youthful car to address new trends in the market," he remarked.
The event also saw the launch of the new hatchback version of the popular Chevrolet Cruze. In addition, the 45th Anniversary edition of the Chevrolet Camaro was also showcased to the delight of the guests.
“The launch comes at a time when preference for small cars is growing, especially among young people,” said Peat.
“This is a small car with best-in-class features and great value additions. It is creating a tremendous buzz among consumers and we are confident of enhancing the ownership experience through Liberty’s superior service standards,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm