Chevrolet turns 100 tomorrow
Dubai, November 2, 2011
Chevrolet will commemorate its 100th anniversary on Thursday at the Dubai International Motor Show by unveiling the 2012 Chevrolet Centennial Edition Corvette for the first time in the Middle East.
Chevrolet was founded by racing pioneer Louis Chevrolet 100 years ago and celebrates its centennial on November 3.
The special edition Corvette pays homage to Chevrolet’s performance heritage with a package inspired by Chevrolet’s daredevil racing spirit.
The Centennial Edition Corvette features a sleek black color scheme, unique design elements and Corvette’s trademark sports car technology.
“Racing and performance are the roots of Chevrolet, a tradition carried forward today by Corvette. So we are incredibly proud to be showcasing the Centennial Edition Corvette at the Dubai show,” said John Stadwick, president and MD of GM Middle East.
“The Centennial Edition Corvette is a natural fit to honor the legacy of Louis Chevrolet, while offering a unique package for sports car drivers.”
It comes exclusively in Carbon Flash Metallic, with satin-black graphics and unique Centennial Satin Black wheels and red brake calipers.
Magnetic Selective Ride Control, the world’s fastest-reacting suspension and a technology advancement initiated by Corvette, is included on all Centennial Edition Corvette models.
The Centennial Edition Corvette also features special badges that signify Chevrolet’s racing history, said Stadwick.
A graphic logo featuring an iconic image of Louis Chevrolet appears on the B-pillars, the center caps of the wheels and the center of the steering wheel. The seat headrests also carry an embossed centennial logo.
"Corvette enthusiasts will note one other small detail: the historic crossed flags badge contains a small adaptation, with “100” in place of the traditional fleur-de-lis symbol, only for the Centennial Edition," he added.
The 2012 Centennial Edition package will be available on all Corvette models and trim levels – including Grand Sport, Z06 and ZR1.
Chevrolet will also reveal the 45th Anniversary Special Edition Camaro at the show.
The 45th anniversary special edition Camaro carries all the upgrades for 2012, including an improved version of its standard 3.6L direct injection V-6 engine, a new performance suspension package for SS coupes and several interior and technology improvements, such as a revised instrument panel design, new steering wheel and rear camera system.
Both the Centennial Edition Corvette and the 45th Anniversary Special Edition Camaro are on sale in Chevrolet showrooms across the Middle East.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm