Hyundai launches Genesis Prada
Dubai, November 20, 2011
Korea-based multinational automaker Hyundai Motor Company has announced the launch of its limited edition Genesis Prada in the Middle East.
The Genesis Prada, based on the 2012 Genesis sedan and featuring Hyundai's award-winning Tau 4.6MPI engine was unveiled to over 100 VIP guests, company executives and media colleagues at an exclusive event held at the Park Hyatt hotel in Dubai, a statement from the company said.
The car is characterised by a design that combines Prada's sophisticated innovation, attention to detail and uncompromised quality approach with Hyundai's advanced technology and expertise in car manufacturing.
The Genesis Prada concept was introduced at the Seoul Motor Show in 2009, the statement said.
“The Middle East is a very strategically important market for Hyundai, having been here for over 28 years,” said Mike Lee, marketing manager, Hyundai Middle East. “The fact that this is only the second market globally to receive this limited edition vehicle underlines our commitment to the market. Joining forces with Prada, a world-renowned fashion house, lends a distinct air of luxury to the Genesis Prada and underscores the importance of this award winning vehicle for Hyundai.”
The joint project of Genesis Prada is the result of both companies' approach to create a highly unique version of the Genesis model, addressed to the most sophisticated clientele.
In particular, the project reflects Hyundai's new marketing direction - 'New Thinking. New Possibilities.' - which aims to provide customers with new experiences and values beyond their expectations. This matches the brand image of Prada, which also balances tradition and innovation.
Francesco Longanesi Cattani, director of external relations, Prada, said: “We felt it important to make Genesis Prada owners not only see, but also feel the difference when inside the car. From the outside-in, the car looks in a class of its own, with special paint and badges. The interior also gets special treatment, with signature Prada Saffiano leather used to give it an air of luxury and sophistication.”
The Genesis Prada is based on the 2012 Genesis, which was launched in February this year. The car, which won the prestigious 2009 North American Car of the Year award, is powered by Hyundai's Tau V8 engine, which has been chosen as one of Ward's 10 Best Engines for three consecutive years since 2009, the statement said.
It comes in three special colors including Black Nero, Blue Baltico and Brown Moro that are applied with a three-layer coat technology with stereoscopic gold pearl. Dark chrome is applied to the radiator grille, emblem and door handles to reflect the unique palladium-coated buckles on Prada's bags. The innovations introduced by Prada include also 19-inch alloy wheels and an outer antenna with a wedge shape.
For the interior, the dashboard and the upholstery have also been revised and artisan-crafted in 'saffiano' leather – Prada's signature top quality leather – to obtain a luxurious and sophisticated finish.
Genesis Prada will be produced by customised personal orders, while the limited Genesis Prada badge and GP500 emblem will emphasise the scarcity of the car, limited to a production run of just 1,200 units globally, it said.
Hyundai, together with Prada, will carry out exclusive VIP marketing activities to provide customers with ultimate satisfaction and convenience.
Initially offered in limited numbers in the Korean market, this is the first time that the Hyundai Genesis Prada is being exported to the Middle East, and will be followed by other Asian countries in the near future. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service