New Audi Q3 scores top in Euro safety test
Ingolstadt, November 28, 2011
The new Audi Q3 has been awarded the maximum five-star rating for passive crash safety by the Euro NCAP consortium.
The results for adult protection in a frontal, rear or side collision, as well as for child safety and pedestrian protection make the new Audi Q3 among the safest cars in its category.
The scores awarded by the testers to the Q3 for driver and passenger protection in frontal and side impact collisions easily earned the car the top rating of five stars, a statement said.
Euro NCAP also assesses the fasten seatbelt reminder for the front and in particular the rear seat passengers. The Audi Q3 comes standard with both systems.
The Q3 features a front end specially designed for this requirement that helps to mitigate the consequences of a collision, and this is reflected in the model’s good score for pedestrian protection, according to the statement.
Audi also values active safety above and beyond the measures assessed by Euro NCAP. The standard daytime running lights, for instance, provide the Audi Q3 with greater visibility, particularly for pedestrians.
Additional driver assistance systems include the standard dynamic stability control (ESP) plus Audi active lane assist and Audi side assist, which are available as options. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Aston Martin rolls out new Vanquish Volante
- Abu Dhabi group buys key stake in British F1 team
- Tyre safety awareness campaign held
- Nissan tops 2013 green brand list
- Qatar Holding sells 10pc stake in Porsche
- Harley-Davidson rolls out 'Breakout'
- Abu Dhabi revs up for major British GP sell
- McLaren, Xbox offer 'ride of a lifetime'
- Arabian Auto offers custom Nissan plan
- Mazda opens new showroom in Doha