BMW to launch new 3 Series in February
Dubai, December 13, 2011
The sixth generation of the new BMW 3 Series sedan will go on sale in the Middle East at the end of February 2012, said BMW Group Middle East.
The new design elements include a new BMW face, with flat headlights reaching along as far as the BMW kidney grille. This emphasises the elegantly dynamic design of the new BMW 3 Series, which has increased in length (+93mm), width (front +37mm, rear +47mm) and wheelbase (+50mm) compared to the predecessor model.
Inside the new BMW 3 Series, the classic BMW interior surfaces and lines flow over the instrument panel towards the front passenger side of the cabin, where they form a smooth and protective border.
A choice of two powerful four-cylinder engines: 335i and 328i with an eight-speed automatic gearbox and TwinPower Turbo technology will be available for the new 3 Series offering more EfficientDynamics technology that make the new 3 Series more economical and lower in pollutant emissions compared to the predecessor model.
BMW EfficientDynamics technology includes the new Driving Experience Control switch which comes with four driving programmes allowing the driver to choose between sporty, ultra sporty, comfortable and extremely economical driving.
ECO PRO mode, a new feature on the 3 Series, helps drivers maximise fuel economy through their driving style, thereby enabling them to increase the distance they can travel on each tank of fuel.
Under the umbrella of BMW ConnectedDrive, features that give the driver and passengers information and services to help make their driving experience safer and more comfortable, the new BMW 3 Series offers the latest-generation full-colour Head-Up Display, which projects key information in 3D onto the windscreen so it appears directly in the driver’s field of view.
Also available is Surround View with Side View and Top View, which gives a bird’s-eye perspective of the vehicle and the area around it.
“With the global success story of the BMW 3 Series, it's a model that is not only important, but one which makes us feel very proud so launching the latest generation is always a milestone for the company,” said Joerg Breuer, managing director, BMW Group Middle East.
“The new car is bigger, sportier and more dynamic so we are very much looking forward to launching it across the Middle East together with our importers in February 2012,” he added.
Having sold 12.5 million cars since its launch in 1975, the BMW 3 Series continues to be BMW Group's best-selling model series consistently accounting for more than a quarter of the company's global sales.
In 2010, every third BMW sold was a 3 Series. The success story of the 3 Series over the past 37 years has made it the world's best-selling premium car. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Mahmoudia Motors appoints new GM
- Hyundai seals $8m truck deal with RAK govt firm
- 'Fake' explosives cause roads chaos in Bahrain
- New Peugeot showroom opened in Qatar
- Chesterton enters automobile appraisals
- Mercedes' Rosberg wins Australian GP
- 2014 Range Rover Hybrid launched in Jordan
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge