BMW launches new sports car
Manama, December 20, 2011
The BMW Group's fifth generation high-performance saloon, BMW M5, has gone on sale across the Middle East.
The new BMW M5 is a dynamic high-performance sports car with four doors and five seats - a further development of the concept originally initiated in 1984 with the first generation BMW M5.
The new model features a newly developed BMW M high-performance, high-revving, 4.4-litre V8 engine with an M Twin Power Turbo package.
The V8 engine produces 560hp from 6000-7000rpm and a maximum of 680 Nm of torque from 1500rpm.
The result is a lag-free power delivery giving typical M car thrust, whilst delivering a significantly improved balance between performance and fuel consumption.
The new BMW M5 is capable of accelerating to 100 kmph in 4.4 seconds. Top speed is limited to 250 kmph, but can be raised to 305 kmph with the M Driver's Package.
Customers can also give their new BMW M5 the personal touch, since virtually the full range of options for the BMW 5 Series Saloon are available, including a host of driver assistance systems and mobility services from BMW ConnectedDrive.
'The popularity and excitement of our BMW M models still continue to grow,' BMW Group Middle East managing director Dr Joerg Breuer said.
'The design, comfort, technology and engineering of the new BMW M5 is very different from the predecessor model,' he said.
'As a result, our importers have already received numerous orders from customers wanting to purchase this car,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain
- Bahrain motor show opens today
- Bahrain motor show to line-up top models
- GM shakes up auto industry, names first woman CEO
- Nissan Tiida named ‘Best Budget Hatchback’
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise