Toyota launches Bahrain ‘Dream Car’ contest
Dubai, January 26, 2012
Toyota Motor Corporation has launched its 6th 'Toyota Dream Car Art Contest' in Bahrain, designed for children aged 15 years and below to showcase their artistic talents and creativity in drawing the car of their dreams.
Ebrahim K Kanoo, the sole distributor of Toyota and Lexus in the kingdom, has invited young talents to join global activity that is taking place in 80 countries.
By motivating children to draw pictures of their dream cars, the contest aims to inspire an interest among the participants in automobiles and encourage them all to have dreams and chase them, the company said in a statement.
The submitted artworks should be coloured and drawn by hand. All digital work will be rejected as per contest rules.
Submissions will be separated into three age categories; below 10 years, 10 to12 years, and 13-15 years, the statement said.
The drawings can be delivered to the Toyota showroom in Sitra, Toyota Plaza in Tubli or Toyota section in Seef Mall, from January 22 to February 15.
The artworks will be judged by a local committee; where five winners will be selected from each category, who will then automatically enter the global contest.
In the event of being one of the global winners, the participant will be sent to Japan to attend the final ceremony, it said.
Toyota Dream Car Art Contest has had participants from all over the world with more than 180,000 entries received since 2004 to 2010, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi