Toyota launches Bahrain ‘Dream Car’ contest
Dubai, January 26, 2012
Toyota Motor Corporation has launched its 6th 'Toyota Dream Car Art Contest' in Bahrain, designed for children aged 15 years and below to showcase their artistic talents and creativity in drawing the car of their dreams.
Ebrahim K Kanoo, the sole distributor of Toyota and Lexus in the kingdom, has invited young talents to join global activity that is taking place in 80 countries.
By motivating children to draw pictures of their dream cars, the contest aims to inspire an interest among the participants in automobiles and encourage them all to have dreams and chase them, the company said in a statement.
The submitted artworks should be coloured and drawn by hand. All digital work will be rejected as per contest rules.
Submissions will be separated into three age categories; below 10 years, 10 to12 years, and 13-15 years, the statement said.
The drawings can be delivered to the Toyota showroom in Sitra, Toyota Plaza in Tubli or Toyota section in Seef Mall, from January 22 to February 15.
The artworks will be judged by a local committee; where five winners will be selected from each category, who will then automatically enter the global contest.
In the event of being one of the global winners, the participant will be sent to Japan to attend the final ceremony, it said.
Toyota Dream Car Art Contest has had participants from all over the world with more than 180,000 entries received since 2004 to 2010, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai Elantra sales jump 90pc in UAE
- Jeddah gears up for Saudi motor show
- ALJ plans big car assembly plant in Saudi
- Infiniti launches new models in Lebanon
- UAE Dial-A-Battery services in big demand
- Honda recalls Acura sedans over loose bolts
- Lincoln MKZ makes Bahrain debut
- Monster trucks drive motor show success
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain