Renault rolls out civilian 'Sherpa' trucks
Dubai, January 28, 2012
Renault Trucks said it is launching the civilian version of Sherpa Scout military vehicle in the Middle East, as it looks to address the needs of customers beyond defence sector, including leisure and commercial buyers.
The French manufacturer said the versatile full time 4x4 vehicle can be adapted to multiple applications, and will be available in three models in 2012.
These are Sherpa Scout for leisure buyers, the Sherpa Carrier pick-up truck for commercial use, and the fully armored Sherpa Station Wagon used for transport purposes in high risk countries.
Renault began testing the first prototype Military Sherpa Truck in 2006 for more than two years in the toughest desert conditions of the Empty Quarter,
Renault will be showcasing the models for the first time at Commercial Vehicles Middle East to be held from March 6 to 8 in Dubai.
Marco Bonaveglio, head of Marketing at Renault Trucks Middle East, said the Sherpa Scout’s off-road capabilities make it unmatched as an all-wheel drive multi-terrain vehicle.
“Initially offered as a military vehicle, the Sherpa Scout is now available for civilian and industrial applications,” said Bonaveglio.
"With a ground clearance of 600mm, an approach angle of 40 degrees, and a centralised tire inflation system, the Sherpa Scout is capable of tackling the harshest and most difficult to access off-road terrain in the Middle East," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Tyre safety awareness campaign held
- Nissan tops 2013 green brand list
- Qatar Holding sells 10pc stake in Porsche
- Harley-Davidson rolls out 'Breakout'
- Abu Dhabi revs up for major British GP sell
- McLaren, Xbox offer 'ride of a lifetime'
- Arabian Auto offers custom Nissan plan
- Mazda opens new showroom in Doha
- Land Cruiser sales up 15pc in GCC
- UAE new car sales set to top pre-crisis peak