Mercedes-Benz racing car at Qatar show
Doha, January 29, 2012
The racing Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3, which has recently won the Dunlop Dubai 24 H Race, is on display at the Qatar International Motor Show 2012 in Dubai.
The exhibition is taking place at the Doha International Exhibition Centre from January 26 to 28.
The know-how that has allowed the Mercedes-Benz team to celebrate years of success during the German Touring Car Championship (DTM) is now available for aspiring private teams and drivers for the very first time in the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3.
The unique positioning of the GT3 sport’s seat bucket in a safety cell made of extremely strong carbon is just one example of many the car’s many features, a statement said.
The racing gullwing is being showcased at the pavilion of Nasser Bin Khaled Automobiles, the exclusive dealers of Mercedes-Benz in Qatar.
Khaled Shaa’ban, general manager of NBK Automobiles said:'In 2011, the SLS AMG GT3 has appeared in numerous national and international race series. With the SLS AMG GT3, AMG is once again demonstrating its enormous experience based on more than 40 years of motorsport, and its great expertise in the development of unique high-performance cars.”
“We’re very happy to have the opportunity to showcase such marvelous machines in Doha as we’re confident it’ll be one of the major attractions during this year’s edition of the Qatar International Motor Show.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- New Peugeot showroom opened in Qatar
- Chesterton enters automobile appraisals
- Mercedes' Rosberg wins Australian GP
- 2014 Range Rover Hybrid launched in Jordan
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker