McLaren opens Kuwait showroom
Kuwait, February 8, 2012
McLaren Automotive, the world’s newest sports car manufacturer, has opened its first showroom in Kuwait, the latest step in its programme to establish a retail network spanning the world’s top locations.
Located on Airport Road, the new McLaren Kuwait showroom is the centrepiece of Ali Alghanim & Sons Automotive Company’s collection of state-of-the-art showrooms, which house all of the company’s luxury brands.
Ali Alghanim & Sons Automotive Company is one of the initial 35 retailers worldwide being appointed by McLaren Automotive to sell and service its range of high-performance sports cars.
McLaren is displaying its first ‘pure’ high-performance sports cars, the award-winning MP4-12C in the new showroom.
The 12C features innovative technologies that enable the car to deliver levels of performance that are even better than competitors twice its price; it features a one-piece, moulded carbon ‘MonoCell’ chassis, a compact, lightweight and highly efficient 592bhp V8 twin turbo engine, and an innovative proactive chassis control suspension system that ensures ultimate track performance and great comfort on the road.
“The launch of McLaren Kuwait is an exciting development for us as we build momentum around our expansion across the Middle East. The showroom, our second in the region, is a state-of-the-art facility and fully represents the McLaren Automotive brand,” said Mark Harrison, McLaren Automotive’s newly appointed regional director for Middle East and Africa.
“In Ali Alghanim & Sons Automotive Company, we are working with a partner that is well established and highly respected in the Kuwaiti market. At McLaren, we have strong views on future growth – to offer great cars and an exceptional customer experience; I know our partners in Kuwait share a similar view and I welcome Ali Alghanim & Sons into the McLaren family.”
Also on permanent display within the McLaren Kuwait showroom will be MP4/8 Formula 1 car, driven by three-time Formula One world champion Ayrton Senna.
Yousef Alqatami, general manager of Ali Alghanim & Sons Automotive Company, said:
“We are delighted to add the McLaren Automotive brand to our collection of luxury and sports automobiles. The launch of the showroom is the centrepiece of our collection and we look forward to growing the business with McLaren Automotive.”
The Middle East is a key market for McLaren Automotive. In addition to the two showrooms now open in Kuwait and Dubai, the company’s full regional network will include retailers in Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Qatar and Saudi Arabia, a statement said.
There will also be a service centre in Lebanon, it added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service