Al Majid delivers 50 Kia cars Dubai Police
Dubai, February 13, 2012
Al Majid Motors, the sole distributor of Kia in the UAE, completed the handover of 50 units of the Kia Mohave to the General Department of Operations of Dubai Police.
Of the 50 units handed over, 35 will be used as patrol cars.
The official handover was attended by Mohammed Khader, president of Al Majid Motors and Brigadier Anas Al Matrooshi, deputy director Transport and Rescue Dubai Police along with officers from Dubai police.
The Mohave 3.5 L/V6 engine 275 HP was selected by Dubai Police following extensive testing for the optimal police patrol car. The vehicle outperformed and received the honour for its aptitudes.
Brigadier Al Matrooshi said: “Our selection reflects the value we place on quality; ensuring our force is better able to do its job with the right tools. Kia was the apt choice following extensive tests where it continued to outshine in regards to our needs, and we look forward to a congenial partnership.”
Khader added: “We are honoured to be chosen for Dubai’s police force, because it shows we are a name that people can depend on. Kia represents power, fuel efficiency and safety, all the qualities that represent the best interests of the community.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- F1 clinches Mideast TV rights deal
- Daimler gets Aston Martin stake in engine supply deal
- Hyundai Elantra sales jump 90pc in UAE
- Jeddah gears up for Saudi motor show
- ALJ plans big car assembly plant in Saudi
- Infiniti launches new models in Lebanon
- UAE Dial-A-Battery services in big demand
- Honda recalls Acura sedans over loose bolts
- Lincoln MKZ makes Bahrain debut
- Monster trucks drive motor show success