Al Majid delivers 50 Kia cars Dubai Police
Dubai, February 13, 2012
Al Majid Motors, the sole distributor of Kia in the UAE, completed the handover of 50 units of the Kia Mohave to the General Department of Operations of Dubai Police.
Of the 50 units handed over, 35 will be used as patrol cars.
The official handover was attended by Mohammed Khader, president of Al Majid Motors and Brigadier Anas Al Matrooshi, deputy director Transport and Rescue Dubai Police along with officers from Dubai police.
The Mohave 3.5 L/V6 engine 275 HP was selected by Dubai Police following extensive testing for the optimal police patrol car. The vehicle outperformed and received the honour for its aptitudes.
Brigadier Al Matrooshi said: “Our selection reflects the value we place on quality; ensuring our force is better able to do its job with the right tools. Kia was the apt choice following extensive tests where it continued to outshine in regards to our needs, and we look forward to a congenial partnership.”
Khader added: “We are honoured to be chosen for Dubai’s police force, because it shows we are a name that people can depend on. Kia represents power, fuel efficiency and safety, all the qualities that represent the best interests of the community.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva