New Land Cruiser arrives in Bahrain
Manama, February 19, 2012
Ebrahim K Kanoo, the sole distributor of Toyota and Lexus cars in Bahrain, has launched the new 2012 Land Cruiser in the kingdom.
The 2012 Land Cruiser features a number of changes inspired by the new demands of customers, said a spokesman.
With changes to the exterior and interior design of the vehicle, it continues to convey a rugged yet luxurious image while delivering high performance and durability, with new technology for advanced off-roading, he said.
Ismail Akbar, executive general manager of sales in Ebrahim K Kanoo, said: “The new Land Cruiser is a vehicle that continues more than 60 years of history of strength, durability and reliability while adding multiple new technologies and features. With changes to the interior and exterior and a refined sense of luxury, it has kept a lot of what made our existing customers trust and love it, while adding more to the legend of this vehicle”.
Akbar said demand has never been a problem for Land Cruisers and GCC buyers are very fond of the vehicle. Toyota faced production problems last year due to the tsunami in Japan, but his year should be fine, he said.
Ayman Shehadeh, Toyota and Lexus brand manager, said: “The New 2012 Land Cruiser takes refined elegance, rugged luxury and supreme power to totally new dimensions. It has a newly redesigned futuristic exterior, an ultra-luxurious cabin equipped with innovative features and on top of that an extra powerful yet more fuel efficient engines”.
Exterior with modern taste
The 2012 Land Cruiser features several changes to the exterior, yet also manages to reflect the heritage of the Land Cruiser identity. The front bumper has been redesigned with enlarged overhangs, creating a much thicker front bumper that expresses the Land Cruisers power. The radiator grill has been redesigned to create a much rounder surface; a design which creates a powerful and finely-crafted image. The headlamps have been modified with HID low beams and integrated LED lights in the front of the vehicle. The wheels have also been redesigned, with larger 18in aluminum wheels. Other changes include LED side turn signal lamps, chrome finished sides, a Garnish Top and wider wheel flares, said Shehadeh.
The interior has also been revamped, with a new brighter design that further enhances the quality and luxury feel of the Land Cruiser as the flagship SUV in Toyota. The Center Cluster has been revamped with chrome-plated ornamentation and the instrument panel has been redesigned with an emphasis on volume to express a sense of security and enhanced visibility. The AC vent is also plated creating a more luxurious atmosphere. The steering wheel with a new wood grain/leather combination and larger switches have been adopted to enhance ease of use, along with a larger transmission shift knob, door handles and audio switches.
Excellent driving performance
The new Land Cruiser is available with a 5 or 6 speed automatic transmission and comes with a 5.7L V8 engine, a newly developed 4.6L V8 engine, an improved 4.0 V6 Engine and a V8 4.5L diesel engine.
The suspension of the Land Cruiser has been revamped, with a new independent double wishbone type front suspension, and a new coil spring has been inserted to enhance riding comfort and the strength to withstand the most rigorous use. It is also equipped with a multi-terrain feature, which allows the vehicle to adapt to various road conditions for excellent off-road ground covering performance, which also controls wheel Spin and wheel lockup. A monitor is used in conjunction to help drivers observe their surrounds through front, side and rear cameras.
Turn Assist System
The Turn Assist System, an unprecedented world first feature, is available for the new Land Cruiser. This new system enhances turning ability and minimises the driver’s effort in tight U-turns where K-turns are necessary, by applying the brake on the inside rear wheel, said the spokesman.
The new utility features include a USB/AUX terminal for external audio devices, advanced Bluetooth communication compatibility and a hands free feature for safer driving, a rear seat entertainment system and a back and clearance sonar that notifies the driver of obstacles around the vehicle.
Meanwhile, Akbar said E K Kanoo will launch two new models of Lexus in early March. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award