Hyundai appoints new Mideast head
Dubai, February 26, 2012
Hyundai Motor Company has appointed Tom Lee as the new head of its Middle East regional headquarters.
As regional head, Lee is tasked with building on the considerable success that Hyundai has enjoyed in the Middle East over recent years, said a statement.
Lee takes over from B T Shin, who has moved on to the role of director in Export Administration Group in Hyundai headquarters.
The Korean automotive giant enjoyed its best ever sales figures in 2011, with 4.06 million vehicles sold globally.
Lee, who holds a Master’s degree from George Washington University, joined Hyundai Motor Company in 1986. Throughout his 26 year career with Hyundai he has worked in both Korea and the US. Prior to taking over his new role, he worked as the director of the export planning group in Hyundai headquarters in Korea. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai Elantra sales jump 90pc in UAE
- Jeddah gears up for Saudi motor show
- ALJ plans big car assembly plant in Saudi
- Infiniti launches new models in Lebanon
- UAE Dial-A-Battery services in big demand
- Honda recalls Acura sedans over loose bolts
- Lincoln MKZ makes Bahrain debut
- Monster trucks drive motor show success
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain