Land Rover to unveil Evoque convertible concept
London, February 27, 2012
Land Rover will unveil a Range Rover Evoque Convertible Concept at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show in March.
The Evoque Convertible Concept vehicle will explore the potential for the world's first premium convertible SUV, said a statement.
“This bold concept builds on the global success of the Evoque and continues Land Rover's tradition for creating and leading new market segments. The concept is being shown to gauge reaction and to assess the potential for what could be another white space product from the world's leading SUV brand,” it said..
The concept has been developed by Land Rover design director Gerry McGovern and his team. Commenting on the concept, McGovern said: "The Evoque lends itself beautifully to the idea of a convertible. This study is not a traditional convertible design execution - instead we have worked with the balance of the Evoque's lines to retain its distinctive shape and create something that is unique and, we believe, highly desirable."
The soft-top convertible concept is based on the Range Rover Evoque Coupe. It features a fully retractable premium roof system with a Roll Over Protection System (ROPS). The concept cleverly combines capability and versatility with a drop down tailgate and a comfortable four-seat package. The vehicle has been developed with Land Rover DNA at its heart, retaining key characteristics including a command driving position and all-terrain capability.
The Evoque Convertible Concept will be revealed at the Geneva show, to be held from March 8 to 18, as a design and engineering study. There are no production plans confirmed, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers