Kia announces 21.3pc increase in sales
Dubai, March 12, 2012
Kia Motors Corporation has announced its global sales figures recording a total of 205,876 units sold, representing a year-on-year increase of 21.3 per cent.
The figures include export sales, domestic sales and sales from overseas plants for passenger cars, recreational vehicles (RVs) and commercial vehicles for February 2012, a statement from the company said.
Kia posted year-on-year sales increases in all regions of the world in February with 41.8 per cent in China (38,007 units sold), 35.5 per cent in North America (49,682 units sold), 30.6 per cent in Europe (38,703), 5.0 per cent in general markets (39,472 units sold), and 2.5 per cent in Kia’s home market of Korea (40,012 units sold).
Cumulatively, through the first two months of 2012, its global sales have increased by 12 per cent year-on-year to reach 391,160 units.
North America and Europe have experienced the highest cumulative gains to date in 2012 of 31.8 per cent (88,973 units sold) and 31.8 per cent (74,555 units sold), respectively.
Kia said its best selling model in overseas markets was the B-segment Rio (known as ‘K2’ in China) with 37,146 units sold.
The C-segment Cerato (known as ‘Forte’ in some markets) was the second best seller with 26,615 units delivered, while the Sportage compact CUV, D-segment Optima sedan and Sorento mid-size CUV followed with 25,011, 18,444 and 15,947 units sold, respectively. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week