Toyota contest winners awarded
Manama, March 12, 2012
Ebrahim K Kanoo officials recently handed out prizes to the winners of the Toyota Dream Car contest in a ceremony held at Toyota Plaza in Tubli.
The prizes included iPad 2, PlayStation 3 consoles and cash prizes, a statement from the company said.
The contest which encouraged children to draw pictures of their dream cars, to inspire an interest among the participants in automobiles and encourage them to have dreams, received a total of 2000 drawings from all categories.
The Bahrain winners will automatically be contestants in the global contest. In the event of being one of the global winners, the participants will be sent to Japan to attend the final ceremony, the statement said.
“These drawings are a testimony of a bright future yet to come by the hands of our youth, as some of them reflected high awareness of the environmental concerns with intelligent ways to deal with it,” said Khalid Safa, communication manager, Ebrahim K Kanoo.
The Toyota Dream Car competitions have had participants from all over the world with more than 180,000 entries received between 2004 and 2010. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers