Audi ME posts record Feb sales
Dubai, March 13, 2012
Audi Middle East has posted its best-ever February results with 701 units sold, marking an increase of 17 per cent compared to the same period last year.
Notable best sellers were the Audi A8 L and Audi A6 models with cumulative 2012 sales for the A6 executive sedan up 104 per cent on last year and the full-size luxury A8 witnessing a 66 per cent increase.
“With two record months in a row the combined figures represent our best-ever start to a year and a 12 per cent increase over the same period of last year”, said Audi Middle East managing director Jeff Mannering.
“Naturally we are delighted by these results and we are determined to keep up the momentum while adhering to our Audi philosophy of customer delight and exceptional after sales service.”
Globally, Audi increased its sales in all regions of the world in February and exceeded the prior-year month by 16.6 per cent in delivering 106,600 vehicles.
Demand rose particularly sharply in China, where a new best figure of 31,352 units was recorded – up 65.7 percent.
Audi also achieved continued double-digit growth in North America (+10.9 per cent). In Europe, an increase of 2.1 per cent was achieved thanks primarily to Germany, the UK, France and the entire Eastern European region.
For the year to date, worldwide sales for Audi have reached around 202,700 cars, a rise of 8.5 per cent. This was the first time that the company has exceeded the mark of 200,000 vehicles by the end of February, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai Elantra sales jump 90pc in UAE
- Jeddah gears up for Saudi motor show
- ALJ plans big car assembly plant in Saudi
- Infiniti launches new models in Lebanon
- UAE Dial-A-Battery services in big demand
- Honda recalls Acura sedans over loose bolts
- Lincoln MKZ makes Bahrain debut
- Monster trucks drive motor show success
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain