Merc-Benz to launch tough new trucks
Muscat, March 25, 2012
Zawawi Trading Company (ZTC), the exclusive distributor for Mercedes-Benz in Oman, plans to introduce four new tough vehicle ranges at the upcoming Oil and Gas West Asia 2012 Exhibition and Conference.
Oil and Gas West Asia 2012 is being organised by the Ministry of Oil & Gas, Petroleum Development Oman (PDO), Oman LNG and other leading local companies from April 16 to 18 at the Oman International Exhibition Centre.
ZTC said it will be displaying a range of new and existing commercial vehicles at the bi-annual event, offering excellent transport logistic solutions to a significant oil and gas industry customer base.
Included in the line up are the Mercedes-Benz Vito and Sprinter vans, the evergreen Actros, through to the introduction of the Daimler Trucks North America range, including Freightliner & the ‘behemoth of the US oil industry’ - Western Star.
ZTC aims to use its debut show next month to capitalise on market share built by the multi-award winning Actros truck range in Oman, remarked Craig Hardie, the CEO of Automotive.
'With a superb pedigree for the tough environments offered by oil and gas, the Unimog and Zetros range of all-wheel drive vehicles will be shown for the first time at OGWA,' he stated.
According to hardie, the Unimog and Zetros models, borne out of the exacting standards of military requirements, are perfectly suited for Oman’s rugged terrain.
“With the introduction of Freightliner and Western Star brands, we are looking forward to a very interesting 2012. ZTC has built a solid reputation over many years with the well-established success of the Actros range of vehicles which we plan to capitalise on.'
'By expanding the segments in which the Mercedes-Benz special vehicles can operate, commercial vehicles will continue to provide unrivalled service and solutions to oil and gas customers that representthe backbone of Omani industry,' he added..-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm