Nissan ME unveils all-new Micra
Dubai, April 11, 2012
Nissan Middle East has announced the GCC launch of the all-new Nissan Micra, a zippy and smart compact hatchback in tune with today’s urban lifestyle.
With stand-out looks, class-leading driving dynamics and an interior design offering both comfort and convenience, the Micra goes beyond the regular compact hatchback offering, a statement from Nissan said.
“The Nissan Micra adds new strength to our extensive line-up in the Middle East,” said Syed Ahmed, general manager, marketing, Nissan Middle East. “We now boast one of the richest choices of compact sedans and hatchbacks in the competitive small car segment. We are confident that Micra will strike a powerful chord with the young and trendy youth of the Middle East.”
The new Micra's body proportions have been achieved by lowering the center of gravity, positioning the tires at the extreme corners of the car, expanding the sills outward and extending the rear tread. The side sections, which appear as if cylinders are mounted within, run through the body from the front to the rear.
Inside, the car features a unique ‘twin bubble’ shaped cockpit that gives a secure feeling for both driver and passenger with convenient stowage compartments and generous headroom, the statement said.
It is offered with either a five-speed manual transmission (S) or four-speed automatic (S, SV, SV+, SL, SL+).
Comfort has been further refined with increased shock absorber travel and a newly designed soft-setting suspension that absorbs vibration, delivering a flat and comfortable drive even on bumpy roads.
In the area of safety technology, Nissan pursues innovation as part of its ‘Safety Shield’ concept, an advanced, proactive approach to safety issues based on the idea that cars should help protect people.
This approach provides various measures to help the driver and passengers better avoid dangers in ways that are optimised to each of a wide range of circumstances that the vehicle may be in, from “risk has not yet appeared” to “post-crash.”
A broad range of safety systems are also fitted as standard across the Micra range including anti-lock braking system (ABS) and electronic brake force distribution (EBD) to help the driver avoid a collision, it said.
The large glass area ensures good all-around visibility. Also available is an intelligent key with push engine start, which can lock/unlock doors or start the engine without using a key.
Micra is available in 10 colours including three character colours - Spring Green, Night Veil Purple and Sunlight Orange. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm