Bahrain Formula One action begins
Manama, April 20, 2012
Formula One officially roars into action at the Bahrain International Circuit today - with a survey suggesting more than three-quarters of the country are behind it.
The event gets underway with a practice round today, which will see Formula One drivers get some much-needed laps ahead of tomorrow's qualifying and Sunday's race.
Meanwhile, a survey conducted on behalf of the Economic Development Board by independent firm Nielsen has found the overwhelming majority of people in Bahrain were behind staging this year's Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix.
It said a representative sample of 512 people across the country were surveyed and 77 per cent were in favour of the event returning, despite calls by some for it to be cancelled. Of those questioned, only 10pc felt the race should be called off while 13pc didn't know, a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister newspaper said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race
- French carmakers race to reclaim Iran
- Bosch plans 110 car service centres in GCC
- 40 GM technicians battle for top honours