Top cricketer in Bahrain for F1
Manama, April 21, 2012
Charismatic celebrity cricketer and Indian World Cup hero Yuvraj Singh, who is Bahrain for the Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix, last night wowed his fans in the Kingdom.
Yuvraj, who is in the country as a guest of the Dadabhai family and will be one of the star attractions at the Grand Prix, appeared cheerful as he signed autographs for young fans at the Elite Resort and Spa, Muharraq.
'I am well and getting better,' he said as he chatted with fans. 'I have come here to relax and be with friends.
'Bahrain is a great place to be in and I am looking forward to be at the Grand Prix.'
Yuvraj recently returned from the US following medical treatment and is all set to return to the cricket field in the next few months. He has not played competitive cricket since his Man of the Tournament performance in the ICC Cricket World Cup that India won in April last year.
Fans were clearly awed by the presence of the dashing Indian all-rounder among them as he unassumingly chatted with them and answered questions.
Dressed in a casual blue shirt and jeans, he mixed easily with the fans, among them several employees of the hotel. One young Bahraini girl was moved to tears as she shook hands with 'her hero'.
Yuvraj is accompanied by his friend and Bollywood actor Rannvijay Singh. Both of them will leave Bahrain after the Grand Prix on Sunday.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai Elantra sales jump 90pc in UAE
- Jeddah gears up for Saudi motor show
- ALJ plans big car assembly plant in Saudi
- Infiniti launches new models in Lebanon
- UAE Dial-A-Battery services in big demand
- Honda recalls Acura sedans over loose bolts
- Lincoln MKZ makes Bahrain debut
- Monster trucks drive motor show success
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain