Bapco launches smart fuel card
Manama, May 4, 2012
A new smart fuel card – a personalised card both in prepaid and postpaid that allows holders to purchase fuel at petrol stations -- was launched yesterday by the Bahrain Petroleum Company (Bapco).
Energy Minister and National Oil and Gas Authority chairman Dr Abdulhussain Mirza attended the launch ceremony of the card yesterday at Ritz-Carlton Bahrain Hotel and Spa.
Present were members of Bapco board of directors and senior management officials.
Dr Mirza hailed the efforts of Bapco in providing its customers with most advanced services. He lauded Bapco's commitment to upgrade its services to meet the aspirations of its customers.
'Sadeem card provides a high level of security, a quicker and more convenient and secure method of payment for fuel,' said Bapco marketing general manager Khalid Al Sabbagh.
'Our customers can now monitor and budget fuel consumption in the simplest and easiest way possible,' he added.
Sadeem, meaning galaxy or a cloud of energy, is a payment method that can be used at any Bapco service station. The new card enables its customers to improve their fuel consumption management and control through applying smart card technology.
The concept is similar to debit and credit cards. However, it is linked directly to the fuel pumps, which allows the customers to pay only for the dispensed fuel volume.
Sadeem prepaid individual cards are available for all Bapco customers and can be topped up at Bapco service stations, while the Sadeem postpaid corporate cards are offered to high-volume corporate and fleet customers at certain conditions and can be applied for through contacting the company's card business unit.
Bapco also launched yesterday the Sadeem roadshow that is taking place at Bahrain City Centre until Wednesday to spread awareness of the benefits of the fuel card.
Bapco will also be airing a competition on local radio stations, 93.3FM and 96.5FM from Sunday until Thursday, where daily questions will be asked allowing four lucky individuals to win a personalised BD50 ($132.6) prepaid Sadeem card. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price