Nissan ME appoints director of sales
Dubai, May 10, 2012
Nissan Middle East has announced the appointment of Samir Cherfan to the new role of director – Marketing & Sales for the region.
Cherfan joins Nissan Middle East with over 20 years of Renault-Nissan Alliance experience spanning engineering and commercial roles of increasing responsibility. He will operate out of the Nissan Middle East headquarters in Jebel Ali Free zone.
Cherfan, an engineering graduate, joined Renault in 1992 and progressed in the initial 11 years of his career with varied management positions in parts and vehicle engineering.
In 2010, Cherfan moved to the front line role of managing director - Renault Retail Group in Paris, the position from which he joins Nissan Middle East.
“Nissan in the Middle East commands an enviable reputation as one of the leading automotive brands in the region with a heritage few can aspire to. Our large model range has class-leading vehicles in almost every segment in the marketplace, with an appeal which ensures we are also one of the best-selling brands here,” said Cherfan.
"The automotive market is extremely competitive and my challenge is to build on our momentum and achieve further growth in the years ahead." – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm