Nissan ME appoints director of sales
Dubai, May 10, 2012
Nissan Middle East has announced the appointment of Samir Cherfan to the new role of director – Marketing & Sales for the region.
Cherfan joins Nissan Middle East with over 20 years of Renault-Nissan Alliance experience spanning engineering and commercial roles of increasing responsibility. He will operate out of the Nissan Middle East headquarters in Jebel Ali Free zone.
Cherfan, an engineering graduate, joined Renault in 1992 and progressed in the initial 11 years of his career with varied management positions in parts and vehicle engineering.
In 2010, Cherfan moved to the front line role of managing director - Renault Retail Group in Paris, the position from which he joins Nissan Middle East.
“Nissan in the Middle East commands an enviable reputation as one of the leading automotive brands in the region with a heritage few can aspire to. Our large model range has class-leading vehicles in almost every segment in the marketplace, with an appeal which ensures we are also one of the best-selling brands here,” said Cherfan.
"The automotive market is extremely competitive and my challenge is to build on our momentum and achieve further growth in the years ahead." – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai Elantra sales jump 90pc in UAE
- Jeddah gears up for Saudi motor show
- ALJ plans big car assembly plant in Saudi
- Infiniti launches new models in Lebanon
- UAE Dial-A-Battery services in big demand
- Honda recalls Acura sedans over loose bolts
- Lincoln MKZ makes Bahrain debut
- Monster trucks drive motor show success
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain