Abu Dhabi F1 race 'set to be a sell-out'
Abu Dhabi, May 17, 2012
The 2012 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, in November, is racing towards a sell out with only about 30 per cent of the tickets remaining to be sold.
Yas Marina Circuit is urging F1 fans to take advantage of the 20 per cent early bird discount, which will end on May 31.
“The 2012 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix is set to be the most exciting one to date,” said Richard Cregan, chief executive officer of Yas Marina Circuit, which will host the race from November 2-4.
“Working closely with our partners, we have extended ticket and entertainment options this year and the response from the fans has been overwhelmingly positive, as seen through our strong ticket sales.”
In addition to an expanded variety of seating and hospitality upgrades available for the first time, fans can also expect a wider entertainment programme both on and off track.
On track, the popular Australian V8 Supercars series will be the official F1 support race. Race goers can also buy select seating packages granting exclusive weekend access to both V8 Supercar and F1 pits, while all fans will have access to their favourite motorsport stars at any one of the planned Oasis area autograph sessions.
Off track, free concerts are planned for the Corniche, and the wheels are in motion for an even wider programme of events that will include exclusive F1 ticket-holder only entertainment.
“In developing these options, we want to ensure that every fan, whether it is their first or fourth Grand Prix has an extraordinary experience before, during, and after the race has ended,” added Cregan.
Tickets categories available now with the 20 per discount include North, South, West, and Marina Grandstand tickets. From now until May 31, these two-day tickets are available at Dh1500 and three-day tickets are available at Dh1,665. After May 31, these tickets will be available at Dh1,875 for two days and Dh2,080 for three days, a statement said.
Other ticket options include Marina Club and South Club upgrades, and for corporate fans or groups, the Yas Viceroy Hotel Private Suites & Terrace Tickets and Marina Grandstand Boxes are also available.
Tickets are now available through a wide range of outlets, including selected Etihad Airways shops, Virgin Megastores across the UAE and GCC, the Yas Viceroy Hotel and Yas Marina Circuit itself. They are also available from the 800 927 (YAS) call centre and from the website at www.yasmarinacircuit.ae. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm