UAE group sees vehicle sales up 57pc
Dubai, May 21, 2012
Al Tayer Motors, one of the UAE’s premier automotive dealerships, said it has notched up an impressive 57 per cent increase in overall vehicle sales in the first quarter compared to last year.
Announcing the results on Monday, Al Tayer Motors said the sales across the luxury brands represented by the company were up by an average of 40 per cent in the same period while sales of Ford vehicles were up by 60 per cent.
“We have enjoyed a very good start to 2012, which can be attributed to the strong line-up of vehicles across various categories, excellent after-sales support and value-added packages offered on our vehicles. This strong performance is in line with our projections for the period,” remarked Al Tayer Motors CEO Ashok Khanna.
Al Tayer Motors was established in 1982 and represents major European and American automobile manufacturers Ford, Lincoln, Ferrari, Maserati, Land Rover, Jaguar, Spyker and DAF Trucks across the UAE.
It has showrooms and service centres across the UAE and offers customers attractive trade-in deals at its pre-owned approved cars showrooms.
As part of its ongoing expansion, Al Tayer recently announced the commencement of work on a new facility in Sharjah, which is expected to be ready in the second half of 2013.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer