McLaren upgrades MP4-12C sports car
Dubai, June 13, 2012
UK-based McLaren Automotive, a producer of premium sports cars for the road, has announced a package of enhancements for the 2013 model year version of its MP4-12C high performance sports car.
Headlining the changes is a 25hp power increase. It takes the maximum output of the mid mounted, twin turbocharged V8 engine to 616hp to give yet more acceleration at track speeds with no loss in efficiency.
Modifications have also been made to the 12C’s engine and SSG transmission increasing responsiveness.
Ease of use is further improved through a host of detail changes while a wider variety of paint, leather and wheel options give customers yet more scope for personalisation.
The 12C’s unique Intake Sound Generator (ISG) system, which controls the amount of engine intake sound heard in the cabin, is now programmable across three levels in all three Powertrain modes.
This latest iteration of the 12C, which at launch set a new benchmark among its competitors for power, efficiency and pioneering technology, is available to order now, McLaren said in a statement.
Customers who have already taken delivery of a 12C are not being neglected, the statement added. Every 12C owner is being offered a package of upgrades, including the extra 25hp, at no cost.
“Given our racing heritage, it is in our nature to continuously seek out improvements. The team at McLaren Automotive recognizes that our existing and future customers deserve the very best product and service we can offer, and the launch of the enhanced 12C reaffirms its position as the most powerful luxury sports car among its competitor set,” said Antony Sheriff, McLaren Automotive managing director.
“We designed and engineered the 12C from a clean sheet of paper, and I am delighted with the innovative technology package created for our first sports car. Our customers love driving a car with technologies and systems that have proved successful in Formula 1 and which create an incredible driving experience in a unique new high performance sports car. New and existing customers will now enjoy an even better experience thanks to the upgrades," he added.
The following package of specification upgrades will be offered to every current 12C owner at zero cost to the customer according to the McLaren statement:
• M838T engine power increased to 625PS (616hp)
• Revised calibration for 7-Speed SSG transmission
• Programmable Intake Sound Generator
• Headlights linked to rain sensor when in automatic mode
• Easy-Exit electric seat function incorporating Seat Return (if specified)
• New Meridian audio equaliser settings (if specified)
- TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise
- Gulf traffic expo kicks off in Dubai
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award