Al Nabooda holds team-building event
Dubai, June 25, 2012
Al Nabooda Automobiles, the sole distributor of Porsche, Audi and Volkswagen vehicles in the UAE, recently held a major team-building event for its 700-strong workforce in Dubai.
Operations were shut down for 24 hours and employees were tasked to build a bridge to an imaginary Turtle Island at the five-star Meydan Hotel.
“We’ve noticed an extra buzz about the workplace,” K Rajaram, Al Nabooda CEO.
“As an exercise in improving team-effectiveness and job satisfaction, and in motivating our people who are the company’s biggest assets, it was an overwhelming success.”
Split into six teams, and assuming the identity of an eco-conscious firm, Coral Banks Construction Co, the 700-strong workforce was presented with a daunting challenge.
Their brief was to build a record-breaking 100-metre eco-friendly bridge to Turtle Island, home to an expansive and beautiful coral reef, to protect the natural habitat and wildlife from pollution and danger brought by tourists.
The task presented a number of difficult obstacles, but after a four-hour operation the bridge - the largest ever constructed worldwide in the Canadian-designed team-building exercise - was complete.
“The exercise was beautifully executed and it was a great lesson in effective teamwork which says so much about this company,” said Rajaram. “As an enterprise representing three of the world’s top luxury automobile brands we’ve set many records, and this was one with a difference.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Infiniti launches new models in Lebanon
- UAE Dial-A-Battery services in big demand
- Honda recalls Acura sedans over loose bolts
- Lincoln MKZ makes Bahrain debut
- Monster trucks drive motor show success
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain
- Bahrain motor show opens today
- Bahrain motor show to line-up top models
- GM shakes up auto industry, names first woman CEO