Porsche kit delivers more power for 911
Dubai, June 26, 2012
Porsche Exclusive has launched a new power enhancement kit developed for the 911 Carrera S, which focuses specifically on the dynamic properties of the sports car.
It boosts the power of the 3.8-litre boxer engine from 400 hp to 430 hp, producing even better driving performance.
Thanks to this Powerkit, the 911 Carrera S Coupé can sprint from zero to 100 km/h in four seconds with PDK in Sport Plus mode.
The kit also increases the top speed by four kmph: to 306 kmph with PDK and to 308 kmph with a seven-speed manual gearbox. However, the enhanced power has not affected fuel economy: fuel consumption values in the NEDC are unchanged despite a power increase of over seven per cent, a statement said.
More power without higher fuel consumption is made possible by carefully tuned modifications and adaptations to the electronic engine management.
The core elements of the Powerkit are special cylinder heads with different camshafts and an entirely new variable resonance intake system design with six air flaps and a resonance flap. An additional centre radiator keeps the higher specific power from overloading the thermal management system of the six-cylinder engine.
Low exhaust back pressure is achieved by the sport exhaust system that is equipped with two sets of twin tailpipes with independent styling; this system is also included with the Powerkit. At the press of a button, the exhaust system is de-throttled, the two exhaust lines are merged and they generate a powerful engine sound.
The Powerkit also includes the Sport Chrono package with dynamic engine mounts for even sportier driving properties. A visual trademark of the Powerkit is the car’s modified engine compartment styling with titanium coloured engine cover and carbon inlays.
Porsche Exclusive also offers aerodynamically tuned exterior components that offer customisation over various expansion levels. The basic component is the front apron that extends low and has powerful air intakes from the Sport Design package. This package also includes a fixed rear spoiler in legendary “ducktail” form.
The top upgrade is the Aerokit Cup with an additional fixed rear wing over the rear spoiler and a special front spoiler lip with additional air intakes.
Other new Porsche Exclusive products for the 911 Carrera include the Exterior package with various components in body colour as well as numerous interior upgrades such as decorative trim ranging from brushed aluminium to carbon. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service