Bentley ME posts record sales for H1
Dubai, July 29, 2012
Bentley Motors Middle East has announced a 48 per cent increase in sales for the first half of 2012 compared to the same period last year, making the year the most successful year in the region for the company.
The performance was the result of strong demand across the range, with the combined sales of the Continental GT and GTC contributing 50 per cent to the total sales figure.
The recently launched Continental GT V8 is due to increase full year sales figures significantly as customers start to receive delivery in the second half of the year, said a statement from the automotive manufacturer.
The twin turbocharged 4.0-litre V8 engine is proving especially popular in the UAE. Bentley Motors UAE distributors, Al Habtoor Motors is also set to expand its customer offering with a new Bentley showroom opening in Abu Dhabi in the autumn, said Chris Buxton, regional director for the Middle East, Africa and India.
Jeddah-based Al Ghassan Motors has become the largest dealer of luxury car Mulsanne dealer in the Gulf since the car’s launch in 2010.
The UAE and Saudi Arabia are the strongest performing countries in the region, contributing to over 50 per cent of overall sales.
“The results we have achieved in the first six months of 2012 are above our expectations and a great leap from the same period in 2011,” Buxton added.
“With the New GT V8 having just arrived in the region and new showrooms due to open in Abu Dhabi and Qatar by the end of the year, we are expecting our best sales record to date.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Volkswagen’s new Golf GTI launched in ME
- Nissan ME posts 26pc sales growth in FY2012
- Oman 'must adopt smart road technologies'
- BMW launches the new Z4 in Mideast
- Mannai opens Chevrolet centre in Istanbul
- Aston Martin marks centenary in style
- Dubai Autodrome appoints new GM
- Najd Rent-a-Car buys 50 new luxury cars
- New Mercedes-Benz E-Class launched in Kuwait
- Dubai RTA services to go online in June