Porsche adds new collections to range
Dubai, August 30, 2012
German automaker Porsche has added three exclusive new collections to its latest Driver’s Selection range, set to be launched this summer.
The new additions include Colours of 1968, Retro Spirit, and 911 Collections, all of which are inspired by Porsche’s long history of combining style and quality with functionality, a statement from the company said.
Colours of 1968 Collection is characteristic of the uni-colours typical of the Porsche 911 in the swinging 60s - tangerine, polo red, Irish green and ossi blue, expressing power and verve in their purest forms, while the 911 Collection is the refined embodiment of the Porsche tradition.
Meanwhile, the Retro Spirit Collection is the ideal keepsake for motorsport enthusiasts, the statement said. A symbol of motorsport’s magnetic appeal, the sporty collection reflects a symbolic period in Porsche’s motorsport history, taking the traditional checked seat cover pattern from the 1950s and 1960s, and incorporating them into modern fashion.
Another highlight of the latest Driver’s Selection this year is the new Porsche Bike RS, which is made from a lightweight high-end carbon frame, and powered by Shimano XTR 20 speed gears.
Along with its most recent new collections, the Driver’s Selection also includes Porsche watches and sunglasses, children’s fashion and toys, sports products, luggage and leather accessories, lifestyle accessories and model cars.
Vijay Rao, general manager, Porsche Centre Dubai, Al Nabooda Automobiles, the authorised Porsche dealer in Dubai and the Northern Emirates, said: “The new Driver’s Selection range has been inspired by its philosophy over the last 60 years to allow customers to reinvent themselves time and time again, whilst maintaining the classic Porsche style.”
“The collections launched this summer embody this principle – a combination of classic, sporty fashion items and exclusive accessories, bringing the Porsche feeling to every aspect of one’s lifestyle, even when not on the roads. We are confident that the latest Driver’s Selection range will be the most popular yet.”
The Driver’s Selection range is available at the Porsche Centre Dubai Showroom, located on Sheikh Zayed Road, or at www.porsche.com/shop. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm