Ducati opens showroom in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, September 9, 2012
Legendary motorcycle rider and three-times World Superbike Champion, Troy Bayliss joined VIPs and fans of Ducati to open the renowned Italian brand's flagship Middle East showroom in Abu Dhabi.
The regional motorcycle scene now boasts a major landmark, with the opening of one of the biggest Ducati dealerships in Abu Dhabi, said Ducati UAE, owned and operated by Revolutions Accessories, a part of Abdullah Al Masaood & Sons Group (AMS Group).
Bayliss joined VIPs and fans of the renowned Italian brand at the launch event for Ducati UAE’s flagship store, which showcases a full range of bikes and accessories.
Along with Bayliss, the official opening was hosted by Roberto Righi, the global sales director of Ducati, and Khalifa Al Masaood, the executive director of Revolution Accessories in the presence of Abdulla Al Masaood, the chairman of AMS Group.
The opening of the Abu Dhabi dealership follows the 2010 launch of the brand’s first dedicated UAE showroom in Dubai.
Abdulla Al Masaood said: “Abu Dhabi is currently witnessing remarkable growth and has earned itself a reputation as a city with a prominent position on the world stage. This development helped drive us to open such an impressive and important facility in the capital.”
Khalifa Al Masaood said the opening of the new facility will make it even easier for aficionados of high performance bikes in Abu Dhabi to own a Ducati.
“There is significant demand in the emirates for Ducati motorcycles. In Dubai we have already experienced a 50 per cent year on year increase in sales compared to 2011, and we are confident that there will be similar strong demand from customers in the capital,” he added.
Ducati’s new flagship dealership offers over 1,300 sqm of floor space dedicated to the iconic Italian motorbike brand.
'Located in Mussafah, at the entrance to Abu Dhabi island, the facility incorporates a dedicated showroom area, a fully equipped workshop with a ‘ride-in reception’, parts and accessories area and a cutting-edge ‘Dynojet’ testing room, which allows riders to check the performance of their machine,' he explained.
There is also a secure, air conditioned indoor holding area, where owners can store their bikes and gear in safety when not using them, he added.
According to him, the showroom features a full line-up of high performance Ducati motorcycles, including Diavel, Monster, Multistrada and Streetfighter models.
The Superbike range includes the 1199 Panigale model, which enjoyed its global launch in Abu Dhabi at the Yas Marina Circuit earlier this year.
Alongside the stars of the showroom, Ducati riders and enthusiasts will also find a huge range of accessories and stylish branded clothing for men, women and children.
“This opening demonstrates both Ducati’s and Revolution Accessories’ commitment to admirers and owners of the brand here in the UAE, a country that we value very highly and in which the excellent work of our business partner has achieved outstanding and higher-than-expected results,” said Righi.
'We appreciate their energy and professionalism and will continue to match that with thrilling motorcycles of authentic Italian performance and exciting brand initiatives,' he noted.
'The opening of this new flagship store – the biggest in the region – now further enhances an excellent customer experience, while providing a healthy platform for continued growth,' he added.
Founded in 1926, Ducati motorcycles have been extremely successful in international racing, winning one MotoGP title, 14 World Superbike titles, eight British Superbike titles and two AMA titles.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- New Peugeot showroom opened in Qatar
- Chesterton enters automobile appraisals
- Mercedes' Rosberg wins Australian GP
- 2014 Range Rover Hybrid launched in Jordan
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker