Audi sets ME launch of Cabriolet for 2013
Ingolstadt, September 9, 2012
German luxury automaker, Audi, has announced that it will launch the new RS 5 Cabriolet, a four-seat convertible with cloth soft top entices with a unique combination of elegance and power, in the second half of 2013.
Its 4.2 FSI, a high-revving naturally aspirated V8 engine, outputs 450 hp and accelerates the high-performance sports car from zero to 100 km/h in 4.9 seconds, a statement from Audi said.
In the RS 5 Cabriolet, Audi dynamics takes on an especially beautiful form in the car’s flowing side profile with perfectly balanced proportions and sharp details, the statement said. Matt aluminum elements, large air intakes embedded in the distinctively shaped front apron, wedge-shaped headlights with wave-light lower edges, elegant LED light strips at the redesigned rear bumper and a lightweight textile roof give the new Audi a powerful and elegant look.
A special foam layer in the roof – spanning over the spacious interior like a low curved dome – delivers high acoustic comfort. At the press of a button, the soft top opens and closes fully automatically in 15 seconds and 17 seconds respectively – even when driving at speeds of up to 50 km/h.
It requires 60 liters of its 380 liters total volume of the luggage compartment. The split rear seatbacks can be folded over individually, and a load-through hatch improves variability.
The body of the Audi RS 5 Cabriolet is 20 mm lower than that of the Audi A5 Cabriolet. Eight exterior colors are available. As options, Audi can install a styling package in matt aluminum as well as an engine compartment design package that uses carbon fiber-reinforced polymer (CFRP) materials.
A typical RS 5 highlight is its three-spoke steering wheel with flat-bottomed rim that is trimmed in perforated leather. The multifunction keys are intuitive, as are all other controls in the RS 5 Cabriolet. White numerals on black dials provide a strong contrast and are easy to read, it said.
The sport seats are upholstered in black or lunar silver Fine Nappa leather. All leather types are pigmented to inhibit heating by sunlight.
The interior is styled in black, and the inner soft top liner can be ordered in the optional colour star silver. Fine chrome highlights, understated high-gloss black trim and carbon inlays underscore the car’s dynamic appearance. Additional inlays are available upon request.
The 4.2 FSI V8 engine outputs 450 hp at 8,250 rpm and produces a maximum torque of 430 Nm between 4,000 and 6,000 rpm. As an option, Audi can deliver a sport exhaust system with black tailpipe trim, it said. The car’s top speed is limited to 250 km/h at customer request, Audi can boost it to 280 km/h. The V8 engine has a combined fuel consumption of 10.9 l/100 km.
The Cabriolet is equipped with the seven-speed S tronic dual-clutch transmission and launch control. The quattro permanent all-wheel drive system gives the RS 5 Cabriolet a decisive advantage in traction and stability.
The chassis of the four-seat convertible is equipped with stiffer mounts and its anti-roll bars are larger and stronger. The standard wheels are 19-inch forged aluminum wheels in machine-polished ten-spoke design; 20-inch wheels in three attractive designs are available as options.
The brake system employs internally ventilated and perforated discs in a weight-saving wave design; the front discs are 365 mm in diameter. Audi can deliver the car with carbon fiber-reinforced ceramic front discs and six-piston calipers as an option.
The Audi RS 5 Cabriolet is delivered with an extensive set of standard features. All assistance systems offered in the A5 model lineup are available as options in the RS 5 Cabriolet as well. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week