Bentley appoints new director of design
Crewe, September 18, 2012
British luxury car company, Bentley Motors, has announced the appointment of Luc Donckerwolke as its new director of design.
He succeeds Dirk van Braeckel who moves to Volkswagen Group design directed by Walter de Silva, a statement from the company said.
Donckerwolke joins Bentley from his role as head of advanced design for Volkswagen Group. He began his career as an exterior designer at Audi in 1992 and has subsequently worked for a range of other Volkswagen group brands including Lamborghini, SEAT and Skoda. His work at Lamborghini includes the award-winning designs of the Murcielago and Gallardo, the statement said.
“Donckerwolke brings a wealth of design talent to Bentley. His extensive experience makes him the ideal person to take forward Bentley’s future design language, at a time when the company has significant plans for new models,” de Silva said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Aston Martin rolls out new Vanquish Volante
- Abu Dhabi group buys key stake in British F1 team
- Tyre safety awareness campaign held
- Nissan tops 2013 green brand list
- Qatar Holding sells 10pc stake in Porsche
- Harley-Davidson rolls out 'Breakout'
- Abu Dhabi revs up for major British GP sell
- McLaren, Xbox offer 'ride of a lifetime'
- Arabian Auto offers custom Nissan plan
- Mazda opens new showroom in Doha