Al Nabooda unveils all-new Polo Sedan
Dubai, October 1, 2012
Al Nabooda Automobiles, the exclusive distributors of Volkswagon in the UAE, has unveiled the all-new Polo Sedan at its showroom on Sheikh Zayed Road.
With the highest standards of modern automotive engineering and high quality workmanship, the new Polo Sedan completes the portfolio of sedan models that Volkswagen Middle East and Al Nabooda Automobiles offers to its customers in Dubai, a statement from the company said.
Al Nabooda Automobiles has designed a tailored financing offer for customers starting at Dh29 per day based on a five year payment plan for the new sedan.
Available with a 1.6 litre 105 PS engine and a six-speed automatic transmission, the Polo Sedan includes 15 inch alloy wheels, dual airbags for driver and passenger, ABS, spacious interior – especially in the rear and central locking with keyless entry.
“The new Polo Sedan is the perfect combination of German engineering together with optimum comfort and driving characteristics,” said Thierry Seys, Volkswagen general manager at Al Nabooda Automobiles.
“The Polo Sedan completes our sedan segment within the market following the Jetta and Passat which have been extremely well received by our customers in Dubai. The Polo offers high safety standards along with driving comfort, sleek styling and affordable innovation.”
The Polo Sedan has been produced for the Middle East market in Volkswagen India’s plant in Pune. Opened in 2009 the Pune plant is one of the most modern plants in the Volkswagen Group.
Volkswagen has an international production network catering to all markets ensuring the reach of German engineering around the world. The Pune facility is the only production plant in India operated by a German automaker and covers the entire production process from press shop, body and paint shop to final assembly.
“The Polo Sedan is the entry model into the Volkswagen portfolio and is aimed at a younger demographic who want to experience our German engineering. Many of our customers stay loyal to Volkswagen after their first experience with the brand as we provide quality, affordable innovation and can cater to all their automotive needs. We see high potential for this model in Dubai, and one that will drive volume growth as Volkswagen continues to be the fastest growing volume brand in the Middle East,” said Marcus Butros, sales director, Volkswagen Middle East.
The new model has an extended wheelbase which is 82mm longer than the European Polo hatchback. The Polo Sedan has been made for the region offering features such as more rear legroom that reflect the changing needs of the Middle East customer, the statement said.
The car also includes ‘Climatic’ manual air conditioning as standard in the S and SE model specifications, with ‘Climatronic’ air condition as an optional extra.
The cockpit has a modern leather steering wheel, gear knob, handbrake lever and gear lever, a dashboard design with ergonomic control layout, as well as comprehensive functional equipment with electrically adjustable side mirrors, electric remote unlocking for the boot lid and central locking. The driver-orientated cockpit also includes a radio with CD/MP3 player as standard.
With a 1.6 litre 105 PS engine and a 6-speed automatic transmission, the new Polo is a city car that offers optimum performance for stop-and-go city driving, whilst having a long range thanks to the 55-litre fuel tank. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- New Peugeot showroom opened in Qatar
- Chesterton enters automobile appraisals
- Mercedes' Rosberg wins Australian GP
- 2014 Range Rover Hybrid launched in Jordan
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker